- 1.Filing fee
- 10,000 yen (exc.tax) to be paid by the Plaintiff.
＊3,000 yen (exc.tax) for Small Claims. (meaning claims for payment of less than 300,000 yen)
- 2.Hearing fee
- 5,000 yen (exc.tax) per hearing to be paid by each of the Plaintiff and the Defendant.
＊None for Small Claims.
- 3.Completion fee
- To be paid when the settlement agreement or judgment is entered into. The ratio of the amount payable as between the Plaintiff and the Defendant is determined by the mediator or the arbitrator. The amount depends on the amount of the claim as follows.
Quick Chart of Completion Fees
|Amount of claim
|Amount to be paid by each party**
* If the case is a Small Claim, the completion fee is 10 of the amount of the claim.
** This chart shows the case where the parties shall share the completion charge equally.
＊Consumptaion tax will be added.
Formula for Calculation of Completion Fees
|Amount of Claim("A")
|Up to 3,000,000 yen**||A x 8|
|More than 3,000,000 yen up to 15,000,000 yen||240,000 yen + (A - 3,000,000 yen) x 3|
|More than 15,000,000 yen up to 30,000,000 yen||600,000 yen + (A - 15,000,000 yen) x 2|
|More than 30,000,000 yen up to 50,000,000 yen||900,000 yen + (A - 30,000,000 yen) x 1|
|More than 50,000,000 yen up to 100,000,000 yen||1,100,000 yen + (A - 50,000,000 yen) x 0.7|
|More than 10,000,000 yen up to 1,000,000,000 yen||1,450,000 yen + (A - 100,000,000 yen) x 0.5|
|More than 1,000,000,000 yen||5,950,000 yen + (A - 1,000,000,000 yen) x 0.3|
* Consumption tax will be added.
** If the case is a Small Claim, the completion fee is 10 of the amount of the claim.